Happy Friday, everyone! I hope you’re having a good Friday, and have good weekend plans ahead of you. As for me, there’s not much I have going on this weekend. Sleeping in, hopefully, and on Sunday I think I’ll make an end-of-summer breakfast treat for everybody: homemade pancakes, sausage, bacon, wannabe egg mcmuffins, etc.
Next Monday is the first day of school for my kids and my brother, and I can’t wait! Whoo!
Thursday 13: 13 Events I’m Thinking About This Week
- Court hearing for a family member. Nothing bad, just… stressful.
- Muscle relaxants! These bad boys do wonders for my period pain.
- Vicodin! Also wonderful drugs, these do wonders for my unexplained abdominal pain that I’m still trying to get diagnosed (and then fixed).
- Sleep. I’m chronically tired these days.
- Earthquake! We had an earthquake on Tuesday afternoon. Crazy!
- Hardcore Pawn. This show is a trip.
- Cell phones. Why are bills so expensive?
- True Blood. I could go for a Bill & Eric sandwich!
- Ice cream. I want to make some.
- Donuts. I also want to make some of these.
- Pancakes. I could go for some right about now!
- This weekend. No plans, yay!
- Sunday. Why hello there, Hurricane Irene remnants.
I apologize for blogging so sporadically over the past several months. I’ve had a crazy spring and summer, due to being sucked into some family drama/issues that was not of my own making, but nevertheless I felt at least somewhat obligated to try and help improve/resolve. The result wasn’t what I expected — one family member completely out of my life, and another living with me full-time — but that’s how life goes.
How was your summer? Did you do anything fun or exciting or new? As for me, when I wasn’t dealing with family drama, I was at the pool (many times), the beach (for a combined total of nine days!), the same amusement park twice, two carnivals, and a handful of other summertime events.
Now fall is just around the corner, school starts next Monday, and I’m already thinking about Christmas!